This week Dr Glenville advises us on the most beneficial anti-ageing foods
A Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD Health Tip
My top 5 anti-ageing foods
Taken from my book Natural Solutions to Menopause
1. Berries: All berries have good amounts of antioxidants. Eat a variety to get the different kinds of antioxidants.
2. Oily fish (mackerel, herring, pilchards, tuna etc.): contain important Omega 3 oils, which are good for the heart, prevent inflammation and help keep cells more fluid and healthy.
3. Brazil nuts: high in selenium, one of the most powerful antioxidants.
4. Watercress: contains antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, which are essential for healthy eye function and preventing age-related macular degeneration, which is a disease of the retina that causes loss of central vision.
5. Avocado: Avocados help lower cholesterol and have a cancer- protecting effect. They contain a substance called mannoheptulose that prevents the update of glucose into cancer cells. Cancer cells use glucose as their main fuel, so by blocking the uptake of glucose into cancer cells, it is essentially starving those cells.
For further information on Dr Glenville’s services please contact her at: