Layering can be fun and flattering. You don’t have to end up looking frumpy, nor do you have to go for safe grey, black or navy options all the time.
So here are my top tips for funky, stylish layering – whatever your shape
- To avoid looking boxy and frumpy opt for pieces that fall below the hips to lengthen your body
- A slim fitting white or black shirt or top is a great foundation piece
- Change things up by making a statement with the base layer – switch things around by investing in a funky patterned shirt and wear it under a plainer fitted knit
- Balance proportions with structure – if you’re layering one area, keep it fitted elsewhere. Whether that’s with tailored trousers or slim jeans
- Stop the top from looking bulky by bringing it together with a fitted or wrap jacket – denim, a biker jacket or a blazer is idea
- Drape! – Layering garments that drape rather than fall straight are always more flattering
- Add a statement accessory if your look is simple, whether that’s a scarf, pair of shoes, bag or piece of jewellery
See you next week! And don’t forget – if you have any questions or requests for next week’s post, let me know!