My breakfast this morning
Green Tea Latte Overnight Oats
This breakfast bowl is energising, hormone balancing and health supportive. It’s high in antioxidants, soluble fibre, as well as healthy omega-3 fats. Use gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version
* 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
* 1 tablespoon chia seeds
* 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
* 1 cup packed baby spinach
* 1 cup strong green tea, cooled to room temperature
* ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
* 3 tablespoons cashews, soaked in water overnight or for at least 1 hour*
* ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
* ½ teaspoon vanilla
* 2 medjool dates, pits removed
* fresh berries
* sliced bananas
* additional hemp seeds
1. Add the oats, chia, and hemp seeds to a medium-large bowl and mix.
2. Drain the cashews and add them and all remaining ingredients (besides toppings) to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the blender mix into the bowl with the oats, chia, and hemp and mix. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
4. In the morning, divide the oats between two bowls, top with seeds, bananas, berries, or additional nuts and enjoy!
* Soaking helps with digestion but also helps with the pureeing process if not using a high-speed blender