Today I’m offering tips on how to wear one of this season’s hottest colours: pink.
Personally I love pink, but that doesn’t mean I want to look like Barbie. And I know lots of ladies aren’t keen on it. So here are my top tips on wearing pink whilst still looking cool, modern and sophisticated:
If you’re nervous about wearing pink, introduce it slowly through an accessory or opt for a jacket that has a funky pink lining – so people get a quick and unexpected flash of it as you move.
- Add a sophisticated grown up edge by choosing a pink piece that has a masculine or punky element to it – to stop your look from becoming too girly e.g. a biker jacket, military style, brogues or a cool faux-animal texture.
- Keep it modern by incorporating pink into a look that has a clean, modern line. Avoid frills, bows or flowers!
- If you’re wearing bright pink, limit yourself to one piece per look and let it do all the talking
- One of the best colours to go with pink is green – it is it’s complimentary colour. However that doesn’t mean every pink goes with every green. Like all colours, pair hues that have the same tones, whether that’s warm, cold, pale or bright.
- If you’re going through hot flushes, particularly be wary of pastel pink. Reserve it for accessories, and go for a darker, cooler pink shade with your clothes.
- A vibrant pink lip looks fresh and fun for spring – and is a modern alternative to the classic red lip
- But pink makeup isn’t always good – avoid it as eye shadow or you might look like you have an infection!!
See you next week! Jacynth”