Spring Pea & Mint Soup
Just prepared this for my lunch today, really yummy, give it a try.
This spring pea and mint soup is fresh, creamy, low calories, healthy and vegan. Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver’s cookbook
This soup is delicious to eat either hot or cold.
It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
* 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 stalk celery chopped
* 1 medium onion chopped
* ½ clove garlic chopped
* 1 cube vegetable stock
* 780 ml (3 1/4 cup) water
* 400 grams (14 ounces) fresh or frozen peas
* a small bunch of fresh mint
* freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a large pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add the chopped celery, onion and garlic and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon